As a “green” company and an industry leader for environmentally conscious practices, HardingPoorman Group applauds the January $325,000 Lilly Endowment grant that allows vital community greening efforts to continue throughout our city.
Many Circle City dwellers don’t realize how widespread, green and diversified the Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB) programs are. Here is a recap of all 6 KIB Lilly Endowment-funded programs:
- IPL Project GreenSpace will help neighborhood groups plant trees, turn vacant lots into pocket parks, create community gardens, beautify gateways into neighborhoods and enhance greenspaces in an effort to connect neighbors and encourage neighborhood investment.
- KIB Clubs provides youth (through 12 IPS schools) with hands-on environmental learning programs to help foster appreciation for natural habitats and conservation of our urban environment.
- NeighborWoods is an urban forestry program providing free trees and enrichment programs in social and environmentally challenged neighborhoods with the greatest need for trees.
- Youth Tree Team is a high school youth employment/civic engagement program that pays students to water, mulch, weed, prune, and collect litter at project sites.
- Great Indy Clean Up is a part of a national initiative to promote community clean ups from April through October, including 300 neighborhood groups and picking up millions of pounds of trash and litter.
- Adopt-a-Block is a KIB initiative to eliminate litter, spur community leadership and neighborhood engagement in the form of block clubs and crime watches.
Kudos to Keep Indianapolis Beautiful from all of us at HPG! To learn more about KIB programs to beautify Indianapolis neighborhoods, engage youth and promote Hoosier volunteer spirit, visit www.kibi.org.